Friday, July 3, 2009

Flashback Friday - 1984 - Chris & I

This is a photo of me with my oldest nephew Christopher! I am around 8 years old here. He is only 7 years younger than me & I remember the day he was brought home from the hospital like it was yesterday. I was so excited, being the "baby" of the family up until then, I had never been around a baby before he came along. He was so cute and small and I loved him instantly. The moment my sister brought him over to me, I said "gimme him". My sister Denise (his mom) likes to tell stories about always catching me kissing him and being "in his face" all the time.

We went to Jamaica to visit my Grandmother together during summers. I remember playing peek-a-boo with him and the day he stopped crying when I took too long to "boo". I remember putting Elmer's glue on my hand, letting it dry & then peeling it off from my hand scaring him into thinking I was peeling off my skin (mean Aunt Leslie!) and I also remember him peeing on me while changing his diaper right before I was heading out to a party! (Sorry Chris, I had to add that one!)

I have been an Aunt 12 times over (literally) since that day 25 years ago - but Chris will always be the first and holds a special place in my heart! Of course, now he's a grown man of 25 years old (a recent photo of us is here), but I still remember my little Chrissy - so cute, so small & always happy to see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment