Monday, June 22, 2009

Making it Work Mondays

I was planning to make this post the first of my "Making it Work Mondays" highlighting some of the things we are getting used to here in Argentina. But as it goes most of the time, life interfered and compelled me to go in a whole other direction.

Today has been a day of highs and lows for the ProZ.com family and for Drew & I. We have been welcomed into the life of all our Argentina compañeros. They have become our family here and made us feel so at home helping us do everything we need help with (which is A LOT).

Our great friends, Gaston & Sophie Borrazas welcomed their new son Andrés Mateo into the world today at 130PM! He is a beautiful boy and both Gas & Sophie are thrilled, happy & healthy. Around the time that Sophie was starting her contractions, our best friends here Haydee & Enrique were going through a scary episode requiring a trip to the emergency room and Enrique having an ulcer removed this morning. He is doing great now and we were able to see both baby Andres & Enrique in one full swoop as they are in rooms just down the hall from one another.

To see evidence of how fragile life is in two completely opposite ways was at the same time both invigorating and unsettling. I am so glad that Enrique is going to be 100% in a very short time. But the fact that it was such a serious illness that came out of nowhere and caused him to lose almost 1/3 of his total blood in the span of a few hours, causes me to pause and be thankful for all that I have in my life. To visit with new parents just 4 hours after their son came into the world can only make me feel hopeful for the future and excited for the adventure they are embarking upon.

So I am slightly numb, but overall in good spirits because everything worked out well for everyone and promise to write about some interesting Argentina topics tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment